- 5 tablespoons sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
- 200 g dairy-free dark chocolate
- 170 g self-raising flour
- 3 heaped teaspoons cocoa powder
- 180 g golden caster sugar
- sea salt
- 1 vanilla pod
- 230 ml unsweetened soya milk
- 200 g pecan nuts
- 200g raspberries/cherries
VEGAN CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
MAKES 16 SQUARES
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Grease a square baking tin (roughly 20cm) with a little oil, then line with greaseproof paper.
- Melt 150g of the chocolate in a large bowl over a pan of water.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl, then stir in the sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Halve the vanilla pod lengthways, scrape out the seeds, then add them to the bowl.
- Stir in the oil, soya milk and melted chocolate until combined.
- Chop and stir in the remaining chocolate and most of the pecans, reserving a few for the top.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, spreading it out evenly. Sprinkle over the remaining pecans & berries, then place into the hot oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked on the outside, but still gooey in the middle. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before turning out on to a wire rack.