- 1 batch of sweet shortcrust pastry (recipe in Puddings)
- 30g butter
- 300ml double cream
- 65g golden caster sugar
- 300g good quality dark chocolate (ideally 70 per cent cocoa solids), broken into small squares
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g fresh raspberries
CHOCOLATE & RASPBERRY TART
MAKES 1 TART
It’s hard not to feel boujee around this tart. She’s a stunner. (Yep I have indeed made her female, cos daaaamn girl). Raspberry & dark chocolate is a match made in heaven but this is a new level.
- Oven at 180C.
- Roll out the pastry to the thickness of a £1 coin and press in to your tart tin, ensuring you get in to the corners. Trim the excess & prick all over with a fork. Top with baking paper and fill with baking beans (or rice/anything that will hold it down but won’t burn).
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove the paper & baking beans and return to the oven for another 10-15. The pastry should be golden on the surface & dry. Leave to cool.
- Next make the ganache filling, in a saucepan over a gentle heat, warm the cream until steaming. Chop the chocolate into pieces and add to the cream with the sugar to melt. Once fully melted, take off the heat and stir through the butter. Set aside to cool & thicken slightly.
- Pour the ganache in to the cooled pastry case and arrange the raspberries on the top in whatever pattern you like.
- Chill in the fridge until firm.
- Serve with chocolate shavings & whipped cream.
- *add a layer or raspberry jam or caramel for extra extra-ness.